- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 cups your choice of nuts
- 1.5 cups mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame & poppy)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80g coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
Preheat oven to 120 degrees and line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
Combine all ingredients in a blender except the coconut flakes. Pulse to slightly chop and coat with oil and syrup. Transfer to a baking tray. Return to your TV program and Bake at 120 and return to your TV show. In 15-20 mins add the coconut flakes, mix through and put the grill on to brown the top for 3 mins. Watch to make sure it doesn't burn.
Serving is 3 Tablespoons with almond milk or coconut yoghurt or use it as an afternoon snack to satisfy the 3pm munchies.
WHY IS THIS RECIPE SO AWESOME?
- Nuts are enriched with fatty acids like omega 3 which are required for production of hormones. They are a great source of protein, antioxidants, minerals, vitamin B & E. They help to balance your hormones and are great first thing in the morning.
- They improve satiety so you’re fuller for longer and balance blood sugars